Upcoming Courses for 2019
Vital PM and Life Fit Wellness present:
The Shoulder - Steps to Success
ABOUT THE COURSE
This 2 days course will present a simple evidence-based approach to the management of shoulder pathology, which is immediately applicable in your clinical practice. It will consider current development in the literature and how they inform the key factors contributing to successful outcomes.The specific rehabilitation approaches for: dynamic shoulder stability, kinetic chain control, shoulder stiffness, shoulder tendinopathy, culpritis etc will be discussed and accomplished by a practical workshop. These is highly practical course, which contains lots of rehabilitation tips!
- To present the current literature regarding dynamic stability of the shoulder complex and explore the application to clinical assessment and treatment.
- To present the current literature regarding the pathophysiology of common shoulder conditions and describe the impact on the dynamic stabilisers.
- To demonstrate key assessment tools to explore function of the dynamic stabilisers of the shoulder as a basis for treatment planning.
- To demonstrate key treatment approaches based on the current evidence to address movement dysfunction in the shoulder complex.
By the end of this two-day course the participant should;
- Understand current concepts of dynamic stability of the shoulder joint.
- Understand current theories relating to the pathophysiology of common shoulder conditions and their impact on dynamic stability of the shoulder joint.
- Develop an awareness of current research regarding evidence-based treatment of shoulder pathology.
- Understand key assessment and treatment tools for the successful treatment of the shoulder joint.
- Have the ability to clinically reason key treatment approaches in the management of common shoulder conditions.
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Jo Gibson (MCSP, MSc) is a Clinical Physiotherapy Specialist since 1995 working at the Upper Limb Unit at the Royal Liverpool Hospital and a in private practice. She worked as Squad Physiotherapist for the GB Endurance Riding Team for six years and now works on a consultancy basis with several elite sports teams regarding shoulder rehabilitation.Jo is an associate Lecturer at the University of Liverpool and has co-developed Upper Limb Masters Modules. She lectures Nationally and Internationally about assessment and rehabilitation of the shoulder complex and has published in peer reviewed journals and written several book chapters. Jo is a member of the EUSSER board (European Society of Shoulder & Elbow Rehabilitation) and a co-founder of the International Congress of Shoulder and Elbow Therapists, which now runs tri-annually.
Follow Jo on Twitter: @ShoulderGeek1
Dr Jeremy Lewis and Life Fit Wellness present:
The Shoulder: Theory & Practice
This evidence-based theoretical and practical course is based on extensive clinical experience in assessment, diagnosis and rehabilitation of shoulder pathology, as well as extensive reference to research publications from a variety of disciplines. Emphasis will be placed on clinical reasoning to support management decisions. Participants completing these courses will gain a greater understanding of the anatomy, biomechanics, assessment and evidence-based treatment of this interesting and complicated region of the body.
This course will be fun, thought provoking, and provide opportunity to discuss ideas and share experiences.
Dr Jeremy Lewis is a Consultant Physiotherapist, Professor of Musculoskeletal Research, Sonographer and Independent Prescriber. He has been awarded a Fellowship of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, which is the highest award the Society can bestow on one of its members.