The clinic is now open for priority face-to-face appointments where clinically appropriate.
Patients who are appropriate for f-2-f are those:
- in severe pain
- who are not responding to self-management strategies and are struggling to cope
- where symptoms are deteriorating
- where face-to-face assessment is deemed a priority in their management
Patients who are NOT appropriate for f-2-f are those:
- who belong to the COVID-19 ‘clinically very vulnerable group’
- who have or suspect they may have COVID-19
- who have been in contact with suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the month prior to attending
- who have manageable levels of pain
- who have not tried self-management strategies
- who could reasonably benefit from a remote/virtual consultation
If you are interested in an ultrasound scan or injection and would like one of our team to get in touch to discuss, please complete the form here:
Ultrasound scanning is not just for looking at babies! It is perhaps one of the most valuable forms of imaging for the musculoskeletal system. In addition, it can be used to perform ultrasound-guided injections. This allows the clinician to directly visualise the placement of the injection to ensure accuracy.
This innovative clinic is designed to simplify the patient journey. It is for people affected by conditions of the upper and lower limbs. This includes joint, tendon, ligament, muscle and bursa conditions of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee, ankle and foot.
The clinic is run by Stewart Kerr (Advanced Practice Physiotherapist, Injection Therapist and Musculoskeletal Sonographer) and Dr Alethea Beck (Consultant in Sport & Exercise Medicine). In your consultation you will have the opportunity to discuss your problem, have a thorough clinical examination and if indicated a diagnostic ultrasound scan can be undertaken. Once the examination process has been completed you will then be offered advice on the best treatment and management options for you. This may include a joint or soft tissue injection, rehabilitation and management advice. This can all be undertaken in the same session.